Want to get away from it all in Normandy?
Discover the towns to visit during your stay at the Hôtel des Bains de Saint-Jean-Le-Thomas.
27 minutes by car from Mont-Saint-Michel
This Norman commune is coveted by visitors who also visit Mont-Saint-Michel.
It has undeniable tourist attractions and a rich cultural and historical heritage.
In addition, its bucolic landscapes with the Channel in the background are a reminder of the gentleness of Normandy.
- The manuscript museum, the Scriptorial;
- The garden of plants;
- The Notre-Dame-des-Champs church.
Numerous nautical and outdoor activities will allow you to experience unique moments in Avranches.
40 minutes by car from Mont-Saint-Michel
The discovery of the region continues with this town of character labelled Villes et Métiers d'Art. Villedieu-les-poêles is famous for its copper work.
Immerse yourself in history during your excursion in the area.
- The copper workshop;
- The Cornille Havard bell foundry;
- The Pieslerie Museum and the Lacemaker's House.
It's hard to come back to everyday reality after this glimpse of our heritage.
46 minutes by car from Mont-Saint-Michel
Close to the Mont, but in the Côtes-d'Armor region, Dinan is a medieval city between land and sea. From the top of the town's ramparts, admire the gentle view over the Rance Valley where the fauna and flora are king.
- The castle of Dinan and its historic centre;
- The Saint-Sauveur basilica;
- The strolls on the port of Dinan.
52 minutes by car from Mont-Saint-Michel
This seaside resort is located in the bay of Mont-Saint-Michel. A fortified town, travellers know it mainly as the departure point for the islands of Chausey, Jersez and Guernsey.
- The Christian Dior Museum (link to the Maison Dior page of January bis)
- Le Roc des Curiosités Museum & Aquarium
- The walks on the Plat Gousset beach.
53 minutes by car from Mont-Saint-Michel
The corsairs have disappeared, but the town has kept vestiges of its history.
For this visit to Saint-Malo, give way to calm and tenderness to the rhythm of the tides. Its fortifications will make young and old dream of a life of battles and adventure.
- Walk on the ramparts of Saint-Malo;
- Admire the sculpted granite rocks facing the sea;
- The Saint-Vincent Cathedral.