Less than 20 km away, your stay at our 2 star hotel restaurant des Bains is ideal for visiting the Richard Anacréon Museum of Modern Art located in Granville.
What does the Richard Anacréon Museum of Modern Art have to offer ?
This museum located in the former Paul Bert school is pleased to regularly offer you temporary exhibitions
This cultural center will amaze you with its many paintings of the 20th century
, among which you will find :
- « Utrillo » by André Utter (1910),
- « Portrait d’Hermine David » by Jules Pascin (1918),
- « Couple » by Kees Van Donge (1920),
- « Nu assis » by Charles Dufresne (entre 1923 et 1925),
- « Nature morte au verre de vin » by Othon Friesz (1929),
- « La coupe bleue » by Charles Camoin (années 1930),
- « Le violoniste en rouge » by Gen Paul (années 1930),
- « Le vagabond » by Marcel Gromaire (1939),
- « Femme à sa toilette » by André Lhote (1942),
And many more ...
Who is Richard Anacréon ?
Some anecdotes of this colorful figure...
- Richard Anacréon was born in 1907, in Granville.
- Bookseller in the 40's, he ran a Parisian bookstore called l'Originale, in the heart of the Latin district, specialized in the sale of original edition books.
- Passionate about art, he collected the great painters of his time (Von Dongen, Signac, Derain, Picabia ...).
- Atypical character appreciated by all, he rubbed shoulders with many artists and writers, regular customers of his bookstore in the heart of the French capital.
- Lively and busy, this bookshop was full of celebrities. At that time, you could easily have met Valéry, Colette, Farrère, or Claudel, Carco and Reverdy.
- Richard Anacréon bequeathed his collection of paintings and books of great signatures in first editions to his hometown, Granville.
Musée d’art moderne Richard Anacréon
Place de l'Isthme
From 4,00 € (adult rate)
Phone number : +33 (0)2 33 51 02 94
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more practical information :