Immerse yourself in the Carnival atmosphere during a winter trip in La Manche from 1st to 5th March 2019. A wind of madness blows on Granville!
Want to take a breath of fresh air in the heart of winter? Book your hotel asap in St Jean le Thomas, located just 13 km from Granville. We give you an appointment on the occasion of the biggest carnival of the west of France!
Forty satirical tanks, 3000 carnivals, up to 150 000 people, and millions of confetti will invade the streets of Granville. Parade of satirical floats, fanfares, daddy's ball, confetti battle ...
The Granvillais perpetuate the tradition of the sailors of the big fishing. At a time when the cod fishery was the port's main activity, departures for the Newfoundland Shoals, off Canada, occurred every year around Shrove Tuesday. Carnival was then the last party on land, before going.
A very nice program, where no one is forgotten!
Expected with a lot of impatience, the program of the 5 days of festivities is very busy: concerts and fanfares, parade and Bal des enfants, great illuminated cavalcade, Daddy's Ball, Bal des toujours jeunes are on the program.
- Opening concert on Friday 1st march
- Saturday will be a day dedicated to children with a cavalcade followed by a ball. In the evening, "Saturday in fanfares" in the streets of the city.
- Sunday: ride the streets of the city with tanks and bands (fanfares).
- Monday: special carnival ball with all the people of the organization
- Tuesday: ride in the streets and judgment of the Carnival King, which is then burned in the basin afloat the port.
- At the end of the day, a big confetti battle takes place on Cours Jonville. The carnival ends with the evening of street intrigues, and around a good meal in the breweries and bustling restaurants of the city.
Come and enjoy the Granville Carnival with us !